Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reflections of you

What are the words you would use to describe yourself?  Or what if you were to ask your friends?  What would they say?  I know I would be thrilled to share with my friends what it is that makes them fabulous.  

I am lucky enough to have some of the best friends in the world.  No judgement on how great your friends are.  I am sure they are awesome too.  But I just wanted to acknowledge mine and all they do for me.  

For my birthday a few years back, one dear friend ask the other women in my circle of "sistas" to give her a list of words that they think describe me.  Then she had them all etched on a mirror as a border, so that every time I look in the mirror, I have a reflection of what those who love me see when they look at me.  So incredibly cool, right? 

So hard to take a picture of a mirror, btw.  But you get the idea.

I have been thinking about why it is so difficult for me to do this for myself.  Or why it is hard for any of us to know our own strengths, and own them, and remember them when we are not at our best.  What would your list look like if you did one for yourself?  Or if your friends were to give you a lifelong reminder of your fabulousness? (I know it is not a word, but I like it anyway)

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I think it's a fabulous idea.