Sunday, April 13, 2014

Slow Down, You Move too Fast

Taking time off, especially when it's unplanned, especially when I haven't "earned" it, is hard for me. I covered that the other day. However, once I do it, I so love the slower pace. Over and over I keep hearing that Simon & Garfunkel song in my head...


I am slowing down and appreciating, as a friend suggested, smelling the roses.  It feels healthier to me.  But how do we incorporate this into regular life?  Not feeling rushed?  Not constantly feeling like there is something we are supposed to be doing?  Is the idea of slowing down that of an era gone by, like the haircuts in the video?

I hope not but I am going to need to some help putting it into practice once I'm back from my sabbatical.

Today is Sunday...at least in the Americas (I am a little late for you over in NZ, Lisa)...good day to slow down, and feel some groovy! :-)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ummmmm did you know that this song is one of our current favorites?? D calls it the flower song (for the second verse) and asks for it ALL the time! Woah holy coincidence and thanks universe for the shout out! We here are happy to join you on the path to slowing down and watching those flowers grow. Love you xoxo

Maria Amendolia said...

I love that we are on the same wavelength! Makes me so happy. Sing one for me today :) xoxo